Welcome! All the content on my old blog is still over there. To visit, click here...

Friday, August 23, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook for August


I've decided to take part in The Simple Woman's Daybook! It's a simple journaling/sharing project that happens once a month. For a year or so I've enjoyed reading the posts of other women and catching a glimpse into their lives. More connection via virtual voyeurism--I'm down! If you'd like to join there's a link at the bottom of this post. 




FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
We're visiting my mom in the East Bay. She lives in a condo. I'm up about three stories, sitting at her dining room table. The light is really great here near a sliding door. Outside, at eye level, is the top of a tree that has beautiful white blossoms on it right now. There's also one of those fake owls out there that are meant to scare away birds.  

I am thinking...
One of my oldest friends is in the middle of a 29-hour journey to Rwanda. I'm thinking about her constantly, hoping she is safe and admiring her courage. 

I am thankful...I'm not on an airplane for 29 hours. Been there done that:)

In the kitchen...
Breakfast has been cleaned up by my husband. It was also made by him. The dishwasher is humming along. 

I am wearing...
My favs: Black linen pants, a black tank top, and a brown sweater my grandma would have loved.

I am creating...
I'm guiding my mom through knitting her first hat. She lacks confidence so I can't wait for her to find out just how easy it is. 

I am going...
Today we are going to the Exploratorium in SF

I am wondering...
I'm wondering if the kids will notice if we go to a couple thrift stores while in the city. 

I am reading...
"Beautiful Ruins" by Jess Walter
"Help Thanks Wow" by Anne Lamott
 Everything written about adrenal fatigue

I am hoping...
A while back I read an article that discussed certain skills you should have completely mastered by age thirty. The one that's stuck with me is knowing how to end a toxic friendship gracefully. I hope I can teach my kids how to do this. 

I am looking forward to...
I'm anxious to get back in my workout groove once the kids start school.

I am learning...
I'm learning how to live completely within my means.

Around the house...
I've got to figure out a new place for the hamster cage to live. The office/craft room is NOT it.

I am pondering...
How will this school year go?

A favorite quote for today...
"The smallest gesture is better than the grandest intention."

One of my favorite things...
Sleep! I'm finally able to do it deeply again. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:
1. Best pizza in the whole wide world--Gay Nineties in Pleasanton, CA
2. Learn more new card games with my daughter.
3. Cross the Golden Gate Bridge

A peek into my day...

Last time we'll be on the old Bay Bridge before it closes. 



To take part in the Daybook community, click here.



1 comment:

  1. I was thrilled when my daughter found some things for her apt at college at a thrift store. I was like, that's my girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!